Sunday, June 22, 2008

Talula's Summer Solstice Birthday Party

Yesterday, we celebrated Talula's 2nd birthday. She was so happy to wear her pretty pink polka-dot party dress.




We had her party at the new lodge that Joey helped to build. Here is her sun pinata that Tania, Tutu, and I made.


Of course, I had to take some photos of the food I made. Cantaloupe-mint salad...


Chunky guacamole...


Pico de gallo...


Of course, by the time the barbecued steak, chicken, and asparagus, and artichokes with lemon garlic butter were served, I was wayyy too involved to take photos, but I assure you, Joey is a barbecuing god.

Of course, at a Summer Solstice party, you have to serve mead, the drink of the gods.


Talula pretty much opened presents throughout the day. Here she is, opening a set of musical instruments.




Then, Tania and her friends put on a puppet show, Little Red Riding Hood. Tania and Tutu made the puppets, Little Red Riding Hood, the Big Bad Wolf, and Grandma. I love how you can see the grape vines through the window/stage.


Then we got to the pinata. Tania's friend M hits it.


Tania gave it a few good whacks.


Tania's friend A is the one who eventually broke it.


Little Lu has a turn.


Finally A whacked it so hard it went flying across the room! Feathers, confetti, and art supplies burst out!


The girls then used the supplies to craft to their hearts' content.


Tut helped Lu.


Then...more presents!



Then...birthday pie time! We all sing to Lu and she blows out her candles.


Of course I had to take a photo of my lovely raw strawberry pie. It was delicious, and the only ingredients are strawberries, lemon, dates, and walnuts. We also had homemade strawberry ice cream. Lu had to have lots.


As the party winds down around sunset, Lu plays with her new Cabbage Patch doll sent from Grammy in Arizona.


She has to end the day by picking a beautiful pink rose to match her outfit.


Happy Birthday, my sweet baby Lu. I cannot describe in words how blessed I am to be your Mama. You bring new joy to my life every single day, and you force me to grow and change and better myself. I love you so much, and I hope you will always know that.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Looks like a wonderful day and party for Lu! Happy birthday, Lu!!

Unknown said...

I am so sad that we missed it. Happy birthday sweet girl! :) We miss you guys.

UrbanHippieMama said...

wow... looks like such a great day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TALULA!!

korin said...

Happy happy birthday sweet Lu!
happy birthingday to an awesome mama :D

nicole said...

Talula's party looks like it was a lot of fun!

Happy 2nd Birthday Lu!
Happy Birthingday Candice!

Summer said...

Wow, I can't believe she's two! She's just so darn cute, and looks so big! Happy Birthday!

Layla said...

YAY! Happy Birthday! I love love the pictures. The girls look so happy. Maile saw the picture of Lu and decided she wanted her dress. Miss you- are you headed back anytime soon?