Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I'm a...sewer...? Sew-er? Seamstress?

Before I get to the bit about me being a sewer...sew-er...seamstress, let me first tell you that we went to our first ever homeschool park day. It was fun. Tania made some new friends that live in our area. Who knew that they existed? I'd say there were about fifteen parents and twenty to twenty-five kids that showed up. I was pretty amazed to see a park full of homeschoolers. I made a few friends too, although, mostly everyone seemed much more grown up than I am. I felt like a teenager, for some reason. Oh yeah, maybe it was because I was dressed like the teenagers who showed up. But I didn't feel like I fit in with the teenagers either for some reason. Oh yeah, because they're much, much thinner than I am.

Tania played a lot of chase and hide-and-seek. I guess homeschoolers have to make the most of each other when they get the chance. Time can't be wasted on anything that can be played solo. Here she is hiding behind me. Can you tell by the look in her eye how much fun she's having? Not that she hasn't made any friends here yet, but she hasn't been engaged in a large group setting for a long time.


Here are Tania and some others being chased on the playground.


I had to steal away and take a photo of this tree. I must have a hundred photos of pink trees. I am wholeheartedly in love with pink trees. I love the contrast of light pink with dark forest green. One day, I want to have a dark forest green colored house with pink trees in the front, and pink rose bushes too. Or peach. I haven't decided yet.


So, like I said...or...sew, like I said. Ha ha ha, I kill me with my wit! Okay, I wanted to get a sewing machine, so I called my mom and asked for advice on what to buy. She said, "Oh, I've got one for you. I bought it for eight dollars at a yard sale." Sweet! Am I the luckiest person alive, or what? People just gifting me left and right? Next thing you know, I'll win the lottery! Anyway, here is a photo of my new sewing machine. It's actually really old. Probably from the 70s or 80s, but it's really cute and it does its job.


I made these curtains yesterday. They're yellow gingham, and I love the way the sun shines through the window and lights up the bathroom through the yellow of the curtains and the green of the wine bottles.


We've also been planting things. This is my herb container. It has rosemary, cilantro, and chives, and I've since added lavender and thyme. We'll see if they get along with one another.


This is my flower box. It's the first project Joey built in school. I planted purple pansies, I think, and I can't recall what the other ones are. I guess I'll find out when they bloom.


This is my strawberry container, and I planted some daisies in the front to keep them company.


Tania likes gardening. She's helped us to pull weeds, and to plant, and she really likes the mist feature of our garden hose.


And of course, here's the gratuitous Lu photo. She's not actually crawling. She just scoots herself over to where she wants to be. She's trying to pull herself up to stand more than she's trying to crawl, so maybe she'll be one of those freakish kids who never crawl. Tania feels sorry for her because all the other babies are crawling. I don't think she feels terribly left out.


Today, we have soccer and I must clean things. The mess is getting ridiculous.

No comments: